Dock diving is a huge attraction at dog shows. It’s great entertainment for the public, and incredibly fun for the dogs!
The Canine Stars has two portable docks and pools and hosted North America Diving Dogs competitions at AKC (American Kennel Club) dog shows and other events from 2014 to 2016. Starting in 2014, the AKC supports the sport of dock diving and offers Titles to dogs qualifying at NADD events, for both purebreds and mixed breeds.
Club / Host Info:
- Any AKC Dog Show may offer a NADD competition in conjunction with their event. See AKC Rules.
- Requirements to host dock diving:
-Flat, level area, minimum 90ft x 30ft footprint on grass, concrete or asphalt, indoors or outdoors
–23,000-25,000 gallons of water available (via fire hydrant access or delivery 1 day before)
-Designated area for diving dog exhibitors to tent and crate (separate from breed/ob/agility)
- We provide the Superintendent / Show Secretary, Judges and Workers to run the event. NADD handles all entries, related AKC recording fees and registration fees.
- Our Staff is available for media interviews and demonstrations to promote the event.
- Exhibitor notification and event advertising is through our dock diving social media and email lists. Inclusion in Premium List is optional.
- Contact Us to bring a dock diving trial to your show.
- Any breed or mix may enter. Registration Numbers are required for title tracking purposes:
- AKC Canine Partners Enrollment
(One-time lifetime fee will apply for each dog)
- Online Pre-Registration is available, and Day of Show entries may be available until the event is filled.
- Classes, Divisions and Titles offered are listed on the NADD website.
See Dock Diving in Action!
New World Record set by Bo at the AKC National Championships: